With a stomach full of bile and anger behind the eyes, here are today's picks:
- Cubs over the Astros: Sure. Why not take Randy Wells? Especially against Moehler. Oh whatever!
- Pirates over the Rockies: Maholm had a rough outing last time. Bounce back time.
- Nationals over the Phillies: Like Lannon. Apparently, the Fan can't help himself.
- Detroit over Oakland: Erwin Jackson was fantastic last time. Please let him be fantastic again. Please.
- Yankees over the Twins: Stupid sentiment this pick is. Really want Hughes to do well.
- Blue Jays over the White Sox: Cecil has been stupid good for the Blue Jays. Danks has been good for the White Sox. Since the Fan has been so stupid, might as well go for stupid good.
- Dodgers over the Marlins: Stults for the Dodgers versus Volstad for the Marlins. Keep picking Volstad. Keep getting burned. Fingers hurt.
- Braves over the Diamondbacks: Vasquez versus Davis. Good matchup. But the Diamondbacks are really struggling.
- Bay Rays over the Indians: With any luck, this will be Reyes' last start for the Indians.
- Rangers over the Angels: Saunders just isn't as good as his numbers appear. Millwood wins the game.
- Royals over the Orioles: Rule #1. Never pick against Greinke. Especially against Adam Eaton.
- Brewers over the Cards: Gallardo over Lohse. There is something wrong with Lohse. He doesn't look the same.
- Reds over the Padres: Don't look now, but the Reds are having a great season. Who saw that coming?
- Red Sox over the Mariners: Lester hasn't been good. But Jakubauskas has been worse. The Fan should get extra points for being able to spell his name correctly without looking.
- Giants over the Mets: Lincecum versus Livan? Come on. If this one goes wrong, the Fan is going to flog himself.
Week: 26-35 Ugh!
Month: 78-82 Sheesh!