Sunday didn't go very well in the game picking department. No, it did not go well at all. As such, on this last day of April, this picker will quickly put that day in the rear view mirror and look forward. After all, May is when spring officially starts here in Maine. Better days are coming.
- The Marlins over the Diamondbacks: Patrick Corbin makes his Major League debut for the Diamondbacks removing Josh Collmenter from the rotation. While this picker applauds the latter fact, picking a newbie has always been problematic. Instead, the pick is for Mark Buehrle to have a good game and win.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Obviously, the Orioles are no pushovers this season and Jason Hammel is one of the reasons why. But he is not going to win all of his starts this season. Hiroki Kuroda will pitch well and win.
- The Phillies over the Cubs: Vance Worley will be the difference in this game. His chances of winning seem infinitely better than Chris Volstad.
- The Royals over the Tigers: The Tigers are reeling a little bit these days. There are holes in their lineup and are forced to start Duane Below today. Below has been terrific in long relief. But will that success translate well to starting? Luke Hochevar looks solid this season and if he can get Cabrera and Fielder out, should have a good game.
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: The way that Yu Darvish pitched against the Yankees, how can you ever pick against him? Kyle Drabek has been decent, but he won't be against this Rangers' lineup.
- The Athletics over the Red Sox: Clay Buchholz has been missing his change up and can't get his fastball down. Lots of homers have resulted. Tommy Milone on the other hand, has been terrific. A lot will depend on if Milone can pound the strike zone and hold down the Red Sox.
- The Braves over the Pirates: If the Pirates could score some runs for James McDonald, that would be the pick. But they won't score many against Mike Minor and as good as McDonald has been, the Braves will score a run or more better than the Pirates will.
- The Bay Rays over the Mariners: The Bay Rays seem pretty darn unbeatable at this point. So despite Felix Hernandez on the mound, the Rays behind Jeremy Hellickson should win again.
- The Astros over the Mets: The thought here is that Bud Norris should pitch well against the Mets and R.A. Dickey will bend enough to allow the Astros to win.
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: Aaron Harang has a swollen big toe and pitching in Coors will be no fun for him. Juan Nicasio has shown glimpses of being terrific and can hold the Dodgers down a bit.
- The Angels over the Twins: Two struggling teams. C.J. Wilson will be the difference in this one and should have no trouble getting the win over Nick Blackburn, who has an ERA over seven.
- The Brewers over the Padres: Randy Wolf will win this one and wish he pitched at Petco all the time. Joe Wieland has not won a start yet and that will continue in this one.
Games of the Day: 14-10