Monday, April 13, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Monday: April 13, 2015

Well, what do you know!? I actually had a good picking day and even had the Pick of the Day come in. And the Yankees actually scored a bunch of runs. What a good day! I am actually pinching myself in disbelief.
Here are Monday's picks:
  • The Mets over the PhilliesAaron Harang has made a career out of making me look foolish. In all his years of pitching, I have probably picked against him 85% of the time. And since he has won 49% of his decisions, that is a problem. And guess what? I'm picking against him again today. Jacob deGrom goes for the Mets.
  • The Pirates over the Tigers: The Tigers have to lose some time and they lose the DH today. Anibal Sanchez was really good his first time out. I'm thinking Gerrit Cole will be even stronger at home.
  • The Nationals over the Red Sox: The Nats and Jordan Zimmermann ruin the Red Sox home opener. The Red Sox have to be really tired today. Rick Porcello goes for the beantowners.
  • The Royals over the Twins: The Royals' perfect record should not come to an end today. First, Trevor May has not proved he can pitch in the Majors and secondly, Danny Duffy should be able to hold down the Twins' limited offense.
  • The Cardinals over the Brewers: Anyone who has read my stuff for a while knows my feelings about Matt Garza. I don't respect him. I don't trust him. Adam Wainwright at home is a whole different story of comfort for me.
  • The Giants over the Rockies: I'm not sure what will happen with the two starting pitchers. Both Eddie Butler and Chris Heston had very good first starts and that was unexpected in both cases. I just think the Giants will win their home opener.
  • The Yankees over the Orioles: Perhaps last night made me a bit giddy, but I like the Yankees against left-handed pitching and think they are better served facing Wei-Yin Chen now than at any time last year. Plus, if Michael Pineda is on, he won't give up much.
  • The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: In the first battle of the Ays this year, I give the advantage to the Blue Jays in their home opener. R.A. Dickey likes it at home and Jake Odorizzi faces a tough lineup.
  • The Cubs over the RedsJon Lester makes his second start for the Cubs and they sure hope it gets better than the first time out. And it should. A lot will depend on the wind in Wrigley though. Mike Leake goes for the Reds. I hope the toilets work.
  • The Angels over the Rangers: The only game the Angels have won is because Matt Shoemaker pitched. He pitches again today, so that should prove helpful. Ross Detwiler goes for the Rangers and that did not go so well the first time around.
  • The Athletics over the Astros: It won't be a good day for Texas as both the Rangers and Astros lose. Scott Feldman goes for the 'Stros and Scott Kazmir for the A's.
  • The Padres over the DiamondbacksAndrew Cashner was a little unlucky in his last outing and looked good otherwise. Rubby De La Rosa was awful his first time out and still got the win. So there you go. I'm guessing a 4-1 win here for the Padres.
  • The Mariners over the Dodgers: I think this game will be decided by the bullpens. I think Brandon McCarthy and James Paxton will both be great and turn it over to the pens. The Dodgers' bullpen is a mess, hence, the Mariners' pick.
And the Pick of the Day:
  • The Braves over the Marlins: I have serious misgivings about Mat Latos. He just doesn't seem right anymore. The Marlins have come out of the gate very slow. Shelby Miller was a great pickup for the Braves and should keep the Marlins on the downside.
Yesterday: 10-5, Season: 42-49, Picks of the Day: 2-4

No comments: