Saturday, April 18, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Saturday: April 18, 2015

Finally. I broke through the mire to post a good day of Game Picks. What a relief after two weeks of futility. It would have been even better if Corey Kluber could have held on and let those pesky Twins tie the game and eventually win it in extra innings. And it would have been better if the Blue Jays hadn't brought in Brett Cecil. But no matter, it was a good day and I'm so very relieved.
Saturday's picks:
  • The Nationals over the PhilliesAaron Harang confronts me again. The guy just fills me with dread. Jordan Zimmermann should win. Shouldn't he?
  • The Blue Jays over the BravesR.A. Dickey was bashed up good in his last start. I am hesitant to pick him in this one. And Alex Wood is a pretty good pitcher for the Braves. At the end of the day, the Blue Jays can just bash the baseball and that's what I'm thinking will happen.
  • The White Sox over the TigersAnibal Sanchez is a good pitcher who got beat badly his last time out. But I'm thinking that is a fluke. However, on the other team is a guy named Chris Sale who is very hard to pick against.
  • The Twins over the Indians: The Twins have had a good week of baseball. You might not have noticed, but they slowed the mighty KC train and won that series and now have won the first against the Indians. Phil Hughes will keep it going and Danny Salazar will continue to make us scratch our heads.
  • The Cardinals over the RedsHomer Bailey starts for the Reds after starting the season hurting. Carlos Martinez pitched well in his last start but didn't factor in a decision. I think he'll pitch well again today.
  • The Cubs over the Padres: This pick didn't work out yesterday but I'll try it again today. First, Kyle Hendricks is much better than what happened his first start. Secondly, this is the day Chicago falls in love with the bat of Kris BryantTyson Ross, of course, will try to prove otherwise.
  • The Orioles over the Red SoxClay Buchholz was reviled after his start against the Yankees. He looked terrible and acted worse. And while I'm piling on, make the guy wash his hair for heaven's sake.  It's disgusting. Chris Tillman has to be mighty good to hold back this Red Sox lineup.
  • The Pirates over the Brewers: I'm not real confident on this pick. With Kyle Lohse, anything can happen and Jeff Locke never seems like a lock.
  • The Angels over the Astros: I really wanted to pick Dallas Keuchel as I think the guy is really good. But the Astros have not played well and C.J. Wilson should have a good day.
  • The Mets over the MarlinsMat Latos will try to improve on his 17+ ERA, but even if he is much better today, Jacob deGrom is one talented young pitcher. Of course, Giancarlo Stanton could always hit like three homers...
  • The Yankees over the Bay Rays: The Alex Rodriguez story is so fun right now. Until the next shew drops, I'm having a blast watching him cause curmudgeons to gnash their teeth. Masahiro Tanaka over Jake Odorizzi.
  • The Royals over the Athletics: If Yordano Ventura is on, the A's will be able to do little with him. Jesse Hahn was not good in his one loss but his good pitching last year is still in the memory bank.
  • The Giants over the Diamondbacks: I keep wanting to call, Chris Heston, "Charlton."  But what I will call him is a good looking young pitcher who has pitched well in both his games. Rubby De La Rosa has started really well. I'm not sure he is the real deal.
  • The Rockies over the Dodgers: I'm going for a bit of an upset here. Puig has a hamstring problem and that changes things. Zack Greinke is reliably great, but I think he will be out-pitched by Jordan Lyles. Yeah, Jordan Lyles.
And the Pick of the Day:
  • The Mariners over the Rangers: The M's are kind of scuffling right now and need a big performance by Felix HernandezColby Lewis has been strangely effective. I still can't really believe it or in it.
Yesterday: 11-4, Season: 73-81, Picks of the Day: 4-8

No comments: